Thursday Sep 29, 2022
Ambient Mesh, the 90% of IT and the 2% of sysadmins, and an uninformed look at GitLabs
How much on-premises IT is there? Is it 25% of all IT, or more like 90%. We try to figure that out at the start, and then move onto our selected news items since last time: a new take on services meshes known as "ambient mesh," a look at GitLabs, and two surveys going over cloud security and management/observability. And, check out Ben's video on getting kubernetes setup for developers with the Tanzu Application Platform.
Check out SpringOne which is coming up Dec 6th to 8th in San Francisco. You can get $200 off if you register with the code COTE200.
If you prefer visuals, check out the livestream recording of this episode which includes some bonus after show content where we dream about the alternative reality where Amiga still excited and hear about Coté's stroopwafel/coffee incident.
- How much on-premises vs. public cloud IT is out there? Is it, like, 50/50, or more like 90/10? AWS CEO throws out feels that 90% of IT is still on-premises. A lot of words that go nowhere, from Coté, on this topic.
- In service mesh land, there's a new idea: Ambient Mesh. Related, check out this talk from Duffie Cooley of Isovalent.
- What does GitLabs do, exactly, cause they seem to be doing it very well.
- New Relic Observability report
- Snyk State of Cloud Security Report. Organizations of varying sizes and industries reported being impacted by major cloud security events over the last 12 months, with startups (89%) and public sector organizations (88%) the most affected
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.